Credas Medical Flu Vaccination 2021/22 Campaign
***We have been advised of a national delivery delay of flu vaccinations***
Flu vaccination orders are placed 12 months in advance - this delay is outside of the Practices control.
Our supplier has advised us that we will experience a delay of at least two weeks, pushing our delivery date to the beginning of October.
Due to the risk of a further delay we have put our flu clinic dates/patient invites on hold until we receive assurance/guarenteed delivery date.
As soon as the Practice has a guarenteed delivery date clinics will be finalised and patient invitations issued.
Once clinics are finalised and patient invitations sent, our website, Facebook and other patient advertisement tools will be updated with full details of our campaign.
Thank you for your understanding at this challenging time
Darley Dale Medical Centre
The Practice has reached the end of our flu campaign for 2020/21.
We are pleased to announce that the number of patients vaccinated at the Practice exceed both our local CCG and national results across all eligible patient cohorts:
- Patients aged over 65
- Patients aged 50-64
- Patients under 65 at risk
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 2
- Children aged 3
The Practice flu campaign plan for 2021/22 will be completed and communicated to patients by the end of August 2021.
This flu season with the effects of COVID-19 is going create some additional challenges for our patients and the Practice. We are expected to vaccinate increasing numbers of people in priority order and therefore have to ensure we vaccinate patients safely & on time within the Government COVID-19 guidelines to protect our staff & patients.
Credas Medical Flu Process:
Advertise to patient using the following methods:
- Practice Call Boards
Flu Clinics will co-ordinated at the Practice based on vulnerability and priority delivery of vaccines:
- As COVID effects the elderly populations, vaccinations for over 65’s will be first priority from early September onwards
- Under 65’s ‘at risk’ patients will be vaccinated from early October onwards
- Under 18’s both ‘at risk’ and in the ‘Routine Children’s Programme’ from mid-October onwards
- Housebound patients will be contacted by the Practice as a priority to arrange vaccinations from early September onwards
- The Practice is awaiting further guidance before vaccinations are arranged for Care Home patients
The Practice will be offering flu clinics on weekday’s (AM & PM) and Saturday’s to give our patients more options.
Appointments will be pre-bookable only at 5 minute intervals and available across all sites (Darley Dale, Winster and Youlgreave)
Flu Eligible Criteria:
- Over 65
- Under 65 ‘at risk’
- Children aged 2 and 3 years old
- Care Home Residents
- COVID-19 shielding patients and family members
- Frontline Health and Social Care Workers
Making an Appointment:
- If you are over 65 and eligible for the flu vaccination, from Wednesday 26th August, you can telephone the Practice to pre-book your appointment (not all clinic dates will be available from this date)
- If you are under 65 ‘at risk’ and eligible for the flu vaccination, from Monday 21st September you can telephone the Practice to pre book your appointment (not all clinic dates will be available from this date)
- Under 18’s & Children’s flu vaccinations can be pre-booked from Tuesday 1st September.
Attending a Flu Clinic Guidance:
- If you are unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms such as a high fever and or a persistent cough or loss of taste or smell you must not attend the Practice for your flu vaccination, please telephone the Practice to reschedule your appointment.
- You should attend your flu vaccination appointment alone, unless you require a carer with you for support. This is to ensure that we can manage appropriate queues and Practice footfall to protect both valued patients and our staff.
- Vaccinations will be delivered in order of appointment time, not arrival time, therefore, you will only be allowed to queue up to 10 minutes before your appointment start time.
- Please do not arrive late for your appointment, if you are late you may be asked to wait until the end of the flu clinic session to receive your vaccination.
- If you require seating whilst in the queue, please advise a member of staff upon arrival.
- The flu clinic queue will be co-ordinated from the Practice car park rear entrance at Darley Dale and the front entrance at Winster & Youlgreave:
- Upon your arrival a member of staff will be available to mark your arrival.
- Outside the Practice you will need to follow the Government social distance guidelines.
- Upon entry into the Practice you will be required to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt
- You should provide your own face covering where possible.
- During the queue inside the Practice you need to follow the tape queue lines to ensure that you are following the Practice’s social distancing guidelines.
- After your flu vaccination you will be asked to exit the Practice via the fire door exit nearest to the consulting room and walk around the building to your car. This is to promote a one-way system and reduce any risks of social distancing challenges.
***PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU BY ENSURING WE HAVE AN UPTO DATE CONTACT NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS***