Welcome to Darley Dale Medical Centre
The Darley Dale Medical Centre, incorporating our surgeries at Darley Dale near Matlock, Winster and Youlgreave near Bakewell, are pleased to welcome you to our website. We are confident that it will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
GP Services and COVID Booster Campaign Update:
NHS England Update:
General practice is alerting system partners and patients to a temporary restriction of service due to a high number staff absence. Practices will be operating an urgent-only service for patients for at least the remainder of January due to staffing shortages.
In December, under direction from NHS England, general practice stood down most routine services to focus attention on delivery of Covid-19 booster vaccinations. Practices were unable to support non-urgent matters such as routine work and diagnostics, such as routine health checks, routine blood tests and medication reviews. Practice teams found that many patients took notice of this request prior to Christmas, and were very grateful for that.
However there has been a noticeable increase of non-urgent requests coming back to practices since the start of the New Year. Along with all other services, general practice has seen a significant reduction in workforce due to staff isolation from the Omicron variant, with many staff absent from work. Practices' resilience to such large numbers of staff absences is very challenging, and general practice has now switched from an urgent-only service due to the need to vaccinate, to an urgent-only service because that is all there is the capacity to provide.
Practices are asking patients to continue to only make contact for urgent needs for at least the remainder of January. This includes concerns about possible infections or symptoms that may suggest cancer, for example new unexplained bleeding, breast lumps or mole changes. Non-urgent help can often be sought from your local pharmacy or by using NHS 111 services, available online and over the phone. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continue to try to treat our poorliest patients first during this challenging period.
Received your COVID Vaccination Abroad? Please access this link to find out how you can arrange to have your COVID vaccination recorded: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/tell-nhs-about-coronavirus-vaccinations-abroad/
You will have seen in the media that the Government has asked GP Practices to redeploy staff to support the COVID Booster campaign in the following priority order:
This is to support the COVID vaccinations of all patients over the age of 18 by 31 December 2021.
It is important for our patients to know that we are still open for both GP and Nursing Team face to face apts. We have clinical urgency apts. available every day and can offer routine apts. within acceptable routine timescales, although these may be a little longer than usual.
We have turned off our Engage Consult online triaging service with immediate effect until the New Year in support of the COVID vaccination campaign.
You can still contact the Practice by:
- Telephone: 01629 733205
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: online apt. booking or prescription requests
- Visit: the reception desk
COVID Booster Clinics
We have scheduled COVID vaccination clinics on the following dates:
1. Friday 17 December 21 x 350 apts. available
2. Monday 20 December 21 x 770 apts. available
3. Tuesday 21 December 21 x 750 apts. available
We currently have 1870 patients eligible patients within this period and have ensured that we can offer all eligible patients an apt. with us directly.
We are using a system called AccuRx to invite all those patients.
AccuRx sends an SMS message with a link to book your apt. at the Practice.
We ask where possible for patients to book their appointments using this link to help reduce the telephone calls into the Practice, leaving the lines available for patients who require urgent care.
Patients who do not have a mobile number registered with us, can contact us on 01629 733205 to book your apt. with a member of the Reception Team.
Our Reception Team will also be contacting patients without a mobile number to help you book your apt.
All our staff are continuing to work hard to protect our patients and community, whilst continuing to offer other important health care.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this challenging time.
Darley Dale Medical Centre
Engage Consult - Online & Telephone Triage Service
To Access Engage Consult: this service is closed until January 2022 in support of the COVID vaccination campaign
- Please click on the image below
- Please provide as much detail and answer all of the prompted questions as this will support a fully assessed GP consultation
- Where insufficient information is provided to allow the GP to fully consult your needs, you will be offered a routine telephone appointment
What is Engage Consult:
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all GP Practices have been directed by NHS England & Improvement and The Clinical Commissioning Group to implement an online service
- Engage Consult provides patients with another point of contact with the Practice - online via any Smart phone, tablet or computer
- This new online service allows patients to submit requests online to the Practice between the hours of 08:00am & 12:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Online triages take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete
- This service removes the need to wait in a queue on the phone lines, during our most busy times when the Practice opens
- The online triage provides the GP with the information they need to signpost you to the most appropriate service
Engage Consult Available Services:
- To reduce the number of ways patients need to access online services, Credas Medical have linked our online services to Engage Consult
- This means that once you have registered for Engage Consult you can access the following services all in one place:
- Complete an online request to a GP online
- Obtain self-help advise
- Obtain up to date COVID-19 information
- Request access for online services
- Request a repeat prescription
- Request access to your medical records
- All of these services are available to you through Engage Consult, without the need to visit or telephone the Practice or visit the website separately
Example of Online Service:
- You feel unwell at 22:00pm on Sunday evening
- You complete your online request at 08:00am on Monday morning
- Between 08:00am & 12:00pm on Monday morning a Receptionist allocates your online request to an appropriate GP
- A GP completes a clinical triage of your online request during Monday (in order of clinical urgency)
- You receive contact from the Practice on Monday by 18:00pm
- The contact you receive from the Practice can vary and will depend on the GP clinical triage assessment, these can range from:
- GP online message of advise &/or action taken
- GP video consultation
- GP telephone consultation
- GP face to face consultation
- Receptionist telephone call to advise of GP clinical triage outcome and routine requirements
Telephone Triage Service:
- From 18th August if you need a GP appointment you should access our online triage service
- If you are unable to access our online triage service, you can telephone the Practice on 01629 733205 and speak to a Receptionist
- Our Reception Team have been trained to complete the online triage service with you over the telephone but you can request a pre-bookable telephone or face to face consultation without an online triage with a Receptionist
Out of Hours Services:
- In an emergency, please contact 999
- If you need urgent medical advise or consultation after 18:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Or all day on a Saturday or Sunday
- You should contact the out of hours service on 111
Register for Engage Consult Guide
Patient Complete Online Triage Guide:
Complete Online Triage Guide
Carer Support Guide:
Care Home Instruction Guide:
Care Home Instruction Guidance
Prescription Telephone Line Availability:
Prescription Medicines Order Line
- From Monday 21st October 2019 we will no longer be able to accept prescription requests over the telephone at Darley Dale Medical Centre.
- We ask our patients from this date to utilise the Prescription Medicines Order Line, a new, easy and convenient way to order your repeat prescription.
- The telephone number is: 01246 588 860, and opening hours are 09:00am until 16:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- For more information, you can collect a leaflet from reception at Darley Dale Medical Centre.
Darley Dale - The prescription telephone line is open from 2pm until 4pm, Monday to Friday (to support the management of workloads).
Winster - The prescription telephone line is open during surgery opening times.
Youlgrave - The prescription telephone line is open during surgery opening times.
Other Available Options -
- You can request your repeat prescriptions on-line, please see link below.
- You can request your repeat prescriptions by completing your latest prescription form and either handing it in or posting it to the appropriate surgery.
Medicines Order Line Telephone Challenges:
If patients are struggling to get through to the MOL on the phone and have access to email, they can send a request for a call back to: ddccg.northMOLonlinerequests@nhs.net or email@example.com
Patients are to include their full name, date of birth, contact telephone number and the name of their GP practice. A call advisor will aim to make contact with the patient within 48 hours (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays) and make three attempts to contact them. Further information about the call-back service can be found at: www.derbyandderbyshireccg.nhs.uk/your-health-services/information-for-patients/prescription-medicines-order-line-mol/
Online repeat prescriptions
*** When requesting your repeat prescription online, if you receive a message asking you to schedule a medication review, please phone the surgery to request your repeat prescription. The Reception Team will process your prescription request and if appropriate arrange for a GP to complete an non-appointment based medication review ***
Patients registered with SystmOne please click image below:
Patients NOTregistered with SystmOne please click link below:
Extended Access for Patients:
We are pleased to inform our patients that we are now offering pre-bookable evening and weekend appointments:
Every Wednesday evening from 6.30pm until 8pm.
Every 3rd Friday of the month from 6.30pm until 8pm.
Every 3rd Saturday of the month from 8am until 11am or 9am until 12pm.
Every 3rd Sunday of the month from 8am until 11am or 9am until 12pm.
- We offer early morning appointments (7:30am) with a doctor on a Tuesday morning and late night appointments (6:30pm - 7:20pm) with a doctor and a nurse on a Wednesday evening - please ask reception if you wish to book one of these appointments.
We are conscious that some patients registered at Credas Medical (Darley, Winster & Youlgreave Surgeries) may be affected by recent events in Afghanistan.
Credas Medical is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners as one which specialises in the care of military veterans and their families.
All the team have been trained in the care of military veterans and their families.
If recent events have affected you and you wish to seek help, please come forward.
District Nurse and Therapist New Telephone Number
From Tuesday 1st May 2018 – To contact a District Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist there will be one new number to contact. 01629 593050.
School age childhood immunisations
NHS England has decided that it is now more effective and efficient for school age children to receive all their immunisations at school. If you have any further queries please contact the School Age Immunisation team at DCHS on 01283 707170.
Partners in care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
CQC Inspection Report
Please click on the link below to view our most recent CQC inspection report
Inspection date: 1st November 2017
Publication of report date: 5th January 2018
GP Fair Processing Notice
How we use your information? Please click on the link below for more information
Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG)
Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG) project is now live and can be accessed here: https://derbyshirehealthcarerecords.org.uk/
(Site updated 19/01/2022)