Welcome to Darley Dale Medical Centre
The Darley Dale Medical Centre, incorporating our surgeries at Darley Dale near Matlock, Winster and Youlgreave near Bakewell, are pleased to welcome you to our website. We are confident that it will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Prescription Telephone Line Availability:
Darley Dale - The prescription telephone line is open from 2pm until 4pm, Monday to Friday (to support the management of workloads).
Winster - The prescription telephone line is open during surgery opening times.
Youlgrave - The prescription telephone line is open during surgery opening times.
Other Available Options -
- You can request your repeat prescriptions on-line, please see link below.
- You can request your repeat prescriptions by completing your latest prescription form and either handing it in or posting it to the appropriate surgery.
Online repeat prescriptions
Patients registered with SystmOne please click image below:
Patients NOTregistered with SystmOne please click link below:
Extended Access for Patients:
We are pleased to inform our patients that we are now offering pre-bookable evening and weekend appointments:
Every Wednesday evening from 6.30pm until 8pm.
Every 3rd Friday of the month from 6.30pm until 8pm.
Every 3rd Saturday of the month from 8am until 11am or 9am until 12pm.
Every 3rd Sunday of the month from 8am until 11am or 9am until 12pm.
- We offer early morning appointments (7:30am) with a doctor on a Tuesday morning and late night appointments (6:30pm - 7:20pm) with a doctor and a nurse on a Wednesday evening - please ask reception if you wish to book one of these appointments.
Update from NHS England
- Dental out of hours – Contact NHS 111
- Community pharmacy provision
- Click on https://www.england.nhs.uk/mids-east/our-work/pharm-info/ for pharmacy opening hours on 24, 25, 26 and 31 December 2018 and 0 January 2019.
- Click on https://beta.nhs.uk/find-a-pharmacy/ to ‘find a pharmacy’, their opening hours and details of pharmaceutical services provided.
- Urgent Care Centres, Minor Injury Units, Walk-In-Centres/Urgent Treatment Centres
- Local Extended Access Services outside of the DES are to be delivered every day over the Christmas and New Year period including the weekends and bank holidays.
QUEST (Training Afternoon) - Wednesday Afternoon closing
On six Wednesday afternoons per year the practice will be shut from 13:00. This allows us to provide on-going training for all staff.
The out of hours service (DHU) will take all calls and manage requests for urgent review. Unfortunately we cannot offer a routine appointment or prescribing service at these times.
This year's QUEST (Staff Training) dates will fall on:
14th November 2018
Darley Dale - close from 12.30pm until 6.30pm.
Winster - close from 12pm
Youlgrave - close from 12pm
Pre-bookable Flu Clinics for Over 65's -
Monday 17th December 2018 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Thursday 20th December 2018 9am – 11am
Monday 17th December 2018 2pm – 4pm
Pre-bookable Flu Clinics for Under 65's at RISK -
Thursday 10th January 2019 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Monday 7th January 2019 9am – 11am
Thursday 10th January 2019 2pm – 4pm
District Nurse and Therapist New Telephone Number
From Tuesday 1st May 2018 – To contact a District Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist there will be one new number to contact. 01629 593050.
School age childhood immunisations
NHS England has decided that it is now more effective and efficient for school age children to receive all their immunisations at school. If you have any further queries please contact the School Age Immunisation team at DCHS on 01283 707170.
Partners in care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
CQC Inspection Report
Please click on the link below to view our most recent CQC inspection report
Inspection date: 1st November 2017
Publication of report date: 5th January 2018
GP Fair Processing Notice
How we use your information? Please click on the link below for more information
Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG)
Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG) project is now live and can be accessed here: https://derbyshirehealthcarerecords.org.uk/
(Site updated 12/12/2018)